Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bat in my house

I would like to share with you a true story that almost made me shxx in my pants situation.

It happened on Saturday night. My boyfriend and I went to a fun party and after going back home, I was very much beaten up so I went to bed directly while my energetic watched a movie next to me.

Suddenly he woke me "hey, wake up, there is a bird in the room."
I opened my eyes and saw a small, black thing circling in the bedroom "oh, what the hell." I closed my eyes "bad bird!"
The energetic jumped out of bed and said "get up, get up, we have to fish it out. It just landed."
"But I don't want to. I am very tired." I said.
"Come on come on."
You know this kind of energy was very contagious so eventually I got up and went to bedroom door where the energetic was standing.
"So where is that bad bird?"
"Behind the curtain."
He went over to shake the curtain; nobody came out so I decided to throw some small goods toward it.

Something fell on the floor. Oh my dear lord, it was a bat. An animal I saw in the movie or in the zoo where I commented "he must have all the blood in the brain."
From that moment on, all my hair stood up and I started screaming "get it out get it out."

Eventually my brave man got it out but I had all sorts of nightmares that night all related to bats. We did some research on bats and found out the presence of bat in a house is not uncommon in America since they are like the rat in attic so it's easy to find their trace in old houses. The next day we started to search for all possible entrances since research indicated that unlike birds, bats don't come in house through open windows - they use the indoor path.

Found it! In one of our closets next to bathroom, there was a long and lean gap (too slim for me but definitely good enough for a troop of bats). It is fixed now but right now I always am very cautious when I open that storage room, worrying that there may be this little creature hung there and say "hey how you doing." Bastards!

BTW, share with you about the Chinese saying about bats. If you find it in your house, it means good luck is coming. It is hard to explain so how about you don't ask :) And please don't ask for the evidence of bats, i.e. pics. I don't have it and I am glad I am near-sighted. All I know they don't look like batman.

HM sweater, leather leggings
AX coat

2 comments:

  1. ha though i heard it from you already but it's fun to read this!

    ReplyDelete