Saturday, April 16, 2011

Banana + Tomato

One thing I like about American culture: they don't give a damn about what you wear. Women in their fifties want to wear mini skirts - go ahead! Men want to bear love handles - be my guest! It took me such a long time to adjust to this American concept - you are your own boss: do whatever you want to do; then of course, wear whatever you want to wear. For example, I was unable to comfortably wear a low cut top when I was in Taiwan because I feel people staring at me on the street when I dared to do so. On the same token, I never wore too vivid color in Taiwan. Yeshyesh, as a humble Chinese, I very much embrace my conservative side.

So, today's outfit is a first to me. Maybe too much color...a real banana mixed with tomato..but hey, nobody raised a brow in mall today!


HM top and pants
Gap ballet flats, Jcrew belt 

Some outfits from weekdays.

Zara blazer and sweater
Giordano flats

Jcrew cardigan
BR dress

BR trench, HM top
Uniqlo jeggings, Coach flats

6 comments:

  1. so cute! colorful is a must for summer!!! god it's so hot in Cali now =.= n is ur trench coat the one $198? caz I wanna get that color in BR too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ddddddddddear Amerie!! YES, it was $198 but you know BR has sales every day so I got 35%. Rochester is not hot at all I stil have to wear coat and no flippy floppy!! I miss u girl but I will be in LA in June so we can meet oh yah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohya!! I will make sure I see u in JUNE!!!! excitedddd btw it's already too hot for me to buy that trench coat but it does fit so well!! I tried burberry before but always not fit me :( debating la!!! I usually just see the 25% off not 35% off >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also tried Burberry but that was like 5 years ago. My friend did a cool thing called "tailor make" in Burberry which cost a foutune but fit her like glove. I will let you know when they have discount of 35% or 40%. Still think you should have one trench coat no matter what...with a price like $139 hohoho...cannot be better

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hoping to see some low cut sassy outfit after reading the article.... haha. Love the bright color! Super energetic and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahaha they will come out in summer :)

    ReplyDelete