Monday, April 4, 2011

Back to US

I become super lazy after coming back to US. I blame this on jet lag, spring fever and homesick. I couldn't fall asleep at the first night even after 28-hour flight + wait in the lounge + mean American custom officer tricking me with ambiguous questions ("How long do you plan to stay in US?" "m...as long as your government allows." "You can't. The working visa only gives you 3-year duration one time!" What a fucking asshole!) Anyway, I am in US safe and sound now (oh, I even made a NYC trip the past weekend on top of my laziness).

This Taiwan trip was marvelous. On a scale of 1-10 of how happy I was, I gave it 1000. Though I missed my baby very much the entire trip, it was so nice being with my family, meeting my new niece who liked to grab my hair, hence some hair went missing, and hanging out with my best friends. After getting to certain age, I found myself cherish my family and old friends more and more. These are people to whom I can talk freely and share my deepest feelings with. More importantly, these are people who I can say "remember ......you .....we ....that's so stupid." They are my heart and my soul. I love them so much.

Enough sensitivity, the food in Taiwan was so amazing. Of course it was always great but it tasted even better than it did in my memory because of 5-year living aboard in a rural place where I am the cook. Of course, during these 5 years, I still travel to New York City a lot where as long as you have money, good food is quite accessible. However, some food is hard to replicate aboard so that's why it's called home flavor. Moreover, it is way more expensive to have food of the same quality in US than in in Taiwan.

On a separate note, do you think I will post pictures? With the excess weight gain during the trip, I don't think so. I am still waiting for my friends to send me pictures that was taken in the beginning of the trip (aka, no round face and okay waistline). They promise it will come at any moment...

My dad and I were in the wedding

4 comments: