Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spaetzle

I made a cool side dish, spaetzle, last night. Actually I had it first time in Gramercy Tavern the past weekend. It isn't hard at all so you should try it. The recipe I used was from here.

The only difference is that I didn't use colander to push the batter; I used a plastic bag and cut a small hole at the corner and pushed the batter out. According to the recipe, it is unpleasant to push the batter on top of a pot of boiling water but I happen to like it;  it gave me weird pleasure to watch spaetzleblob "pu-tong" drop into water and to me, it was not that hot. After making the spaetzle, I cut bacon into small pieces, fried it, added minced shallots and added it to the fried spaetzle.

Spertzle, marinated pork chop and asparagus salad made a good dinner for my bf while I still had my routine of great snacks.


Theory shirt, Elie Tahari blazer
pants and shoes bought from Taiwan

2 comments:

  1. Spaetzle, interesting, i want to make but I've never tried one before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiyo yiju!! i also tried my very first time in the restaurant. this was fun to make it though..

    ReplyDelete