Thursday, April 21, 2011

A love story - a man who worked in Walmart ...and turns out to be more than that

Several years ago when I was still a graduate student.

"Do you know there is a handsome Russian in our PhD program?" my classmate asked me.
"Nope but I don't like PhDs. They are nerds." 

Weeks later, I went to a happy hour hosted by my school. My friend and I stood in the corner happily judging everyone; she suddenly pointed at one man : "Hey check him out!"

That was a handsome blonde man - I never saw him before.
"hohoho very cute!"
"Yeah but he is so weird. He is not our student; he works in Walmart."
"How do you know he works in Walmart?"
"Last time I was introduced to him and his friends said he worked in Walmart but he shows up in every happy hour."

A freebie for our drinks I sense.

Later that night when I was standing at the bar that blond walked toward me. He spoke with an European accent "Hey, how are you?"
"I am okay."
"What's your name? Are you a MBA?"
"My name is Karen. First year MBA. How about you?"
"My name is Egor; I am a PhD."
Please, first, all PhDs are nerds. As far as I am concerned, this one is nothing like a nerd...Second, I am glad that I have heard you are a bullshitter who works for Walmart "Oh suresuresure, where are you from?"
"Russia."....wow
"Why do you want to come for PhD?"
"Who is your advisor?"
"How do you feel about Walmart?"
.....

Anyway, I did my best to investigate him because I wanted him to reveal his true identity as a Walmart employee. The mission failed - he insisted on himself being a PhD.

The next morning when I woke up, I got an email from him.......suddenly I jumped up "he has my school email address...so he is really in our PhD program." And for fuck's sake, he is a Russian PhD? He IS THE HANDSOME RUSSIAN PHD MY CLASSMATE MENTIONED!

We went out the following night and the following night....
The rest is history and today is our fourth year anniversary.

To my baby, my love, my heart.











7 comments:

  1. ouch! happy anniversaryyy deaarr!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I m that classmate =.= damnnnnnn
    n I never said he is cute or handsome!!!!!!!
    Happi anniversary but dun ever want me to say anything good about him!!
    Wait will he see this?
    ok he is smart and....blonde and whiter than me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dania

    nonono you are not the classmate oh you are the friend who went to the happy hour with me (you were the one who told me that he worked in Walmart). The classmate was either Sandy or Cherry.

    hahahaha yes, he may see it hahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys make the cutest couple ever! I am sure I am not the classmate, I probably in the movie theater during the happy hour time! Happy Anniversary~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU ARE NOT THE CLASSMATE OR FRIEND..you know why..because you just started with Ethan at that time and you didn't even bother to be in happy hour hehehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby, today is my birthday. I command you to write a new article for me. I need some of your fashion advices. Misssssssssssssssssssssssss YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still think it's wonderful that we have the same anniversary!! You look SUPER cute in every way dear!

    ReplyDelete