Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine! ...little late

As a tropical islander, I learned how to jump between water holes without screwing up my shoes in the afternoon thunder storms; however, in New England, how to walk properly in winter is hard-required knowledge.

Actually, I already get used to walk in the snow - it may not look lovely and look more like a penguin but I still manage to keep the same speed as on the dry land; however, walking on ice is totally different. No matter how careful you are, it's inevitable to flip once or twice throughout the winter (the scary story is that people actually break hips because of that).

Yesterday was the lovely Valentines. I got a big bouquet of roses from my man; on the card it said "my love is as big as the bouquet" so I carefully examined how big the bouquet was and decided that next time he should make it 100 roses or even buy a rose garden :) - Honey, I love you! He is very busy on his research so we had a low key dinner at home. We had my signature traditional Chinese beef noodles, homemade pesto with grilled red pepper + mozzarella cheese; I also made Nachos Grande! Every since I had it in the hockey game, I have been thinking to recreate it at home. Easy and simple. We went with green tea but the standard is supposed to be beer!

Today's outfit. Layers of jewelery. My suggestion of wearing chucks of jewelery: DON'T LEAN FORWARD; YOU MAY HURT YOUR NECK! 

BR dress and pumps
Jcrew everything else 





Yesterday's outfit. F21 dress, BR coat

4 comments:

  1. BABY U R SO PRETTY!!! HAPI V DAY MISS U <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy V day to you too..don't forget i will be in LA in June!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious... isn't Rochester too code to wear skirt without legging?? Or I'm just simply weak here in Portland?? Haha we're getting light snow here tonight. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you remembe I always wore shirt jeans or skirt in winter in Taiwan? If just leaving the house, getting into car, leaving the car for restaurant without walking a lot, I am totally fine without leggings. ( of course there cannot be snow or ice on the ground ) BTW, today we have 0 - 7 degrees, I almost this close to wear short sleeves ( not really la but you know what i meant :)

    ReplyDelete