Monday, February 28, 2011

Black and white

For several weeks I have been absorbing lots of fashion senses from runway and street styles which have been intensified by fashion weeks. I have to say it definitely adds a lot of unnecessary and unpractical purchases. For example, after seeing an array of leather pants worn by models or fashion editors and bloggers, I couldn't help but made my first and second purchase of leather pants. Yes, leather pants are great! However, the point here is that if I live in a big city or work in any creative environment, I have no problem of wearing leather pants matching with leopard print pumps (hey, how about a fur coat on top). Neither works for me for the current moment, or at least for another year. My preferred outfit works from 8 am to 9 am and it is hung on the back of my office door, replaced by more appropriate work outfit, and it re-appears after work. If I don't meet up friends after work, it will be another 20 minutes before it's going back to closet.

This is what I am wearing today -- it's actually a little above the threshold but I am still in it now. Compared with leather pants, this is nothing! Hat is also good friend of bad hair :)

HM jacket & hat , GAP jeans

a scarf I bought in India



Another picture I took during weekend. It stroke me that I never ever lived in dorm in my whole life. Other than my family and my boyfriend, I never share my apartment with anyone. Not saying I feel regret but I do feel I missed something. 

Living with your family or your bf is easy. I am in my pajama or often times just a big tshirt when I am home. Dorm outfit is supposed to be good to go to bed instantly while appropriate to answer your door without feeling under-dressed, presumable cute as well. This is my take - a comfortable romper with a colorful cardigan.

F21 romper and cardigan
Jcrew ballet flats


2 comments:

  1. ha, i have the same rompers, waiting for the weather to get warmer to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so that's why we are good friends! also I guess a bargain hunters :)

    ReplyDelete