Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Peer Pressure

My office has a belated Valentine celebration today; the head would like everyone wear pink. One of the perks of growing up in Asia is that it's easy breezy for me to wear pink in public as an adult.

It's not like I have a whole closet of pink or I am a big fan of pink but, to me, pink is just like other bright colors such as yellow, turquoise. However, it's a different story for my American colleagues. A lot of them complained  "I don't have pink!" or "it's stupid to wear pink!" so eventually red is allowed. Please! unless they wear red clothes with a bear holding a heart saying I love you, red clothes are just so Xmasy. And most importantly, they ruined my plan of wearing a pink pompom dress that I bought long time ago but had no prom to go. Yes, I am chicken; I don't have the nerve to wear pink pompom with the knowledge that all others will wear you know not pink pompom. As a result, pink cardigan then, pompom can wait.

Jay Godfrey top, Theory skirt
Gap cardigan

No comments:

Post a Comment