Monday, January 3, 2011

Congratulations!!

The best news I got during new year was my very good friend, Irene, was engaged!

We were actually talking on the phone on new year eve.

"He may propose soon." - her
"When do you think he is going to propose? Please tell me it's not today; otherwise it is so cliche!" - me

I got her message at 1:25 AM on Jan 1st that he proposed!!

Last year exactly the same day, Jan 1st, my another good friend, Janet, told me she was engaged. Her boyfriend proposed in/on Empire Building.

What's wrong with these boys? Don't they know that the standard procedure is to rent a yacht and propose to your girlfriend in Mediterranean Sea? Apparently they didn't get the memo......

...Of course I didn't think so. I am so touched every time my friends share with me their engagement news. In fact, Irene's is very special to me. I am the witness of their love story (more precisely, I was a big supporter of her going into this relationship, so hey, Mr. J, next dinner is on you!). In the beginning she wasn't sure if she wanted to start the relationship because she wanted to go back to Asia badly. Eventually she decided to give it a try and she has found her soulmate. I couldn't be more happy for her.

Congratulations Irene baby!! And Mr. J, Sushi Yasuda would be nice.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Chi Chi Baby!

    I am so moved when I this :) Just want to give you a big hug and say a big "Thank You"-

    Thank you for accompanying me through all the good and bad days in New York, thank you for offering good advices on all my relationships and thank you for saying so many good things about me in front of my boyfriend! I am so lucky to have you!!

    Sushi Yasuda NO PROBLEM! As long as you come to visit me soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Yiju baby:

    First of all, we are very old friends...old=good

    Second, we are each other's best support system; remember how many times I called you from nowhere. I am lucky to have you 2!!

    Third, I said all my good words in front of your "fiance" (cool, not bf but fiance') WHOLEHEARTEDLY!! you know that....

    I am just kidding about Sushi Yasuda. Pink Berry is good enough!! luvvvvv

    ReplyDelete