Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Yikey Scallops

To continue my success with the scallops, I bought another pound, found a Daniel Boulud's recipe and was in the mood for a restaurant-y dinner. My boyfriend wasn't as enthusiastic as I was-can't blame him; the poor boy has been having stomach flu since Sunday. Since there was no audience, I had zero interest of spending 2 hours preparing one dish so I cooked exactly the same dish as last time. I very generously put 12 huge scallops on my plate and started to dig in.

"mm yummy..." the first scallop
"Gee..I am like THE chef." 2nd - 6th 
"mm..it taste a little bit like fat." 7th
"Oh it does taste like one big piece of fat."" 8th
"Yikey yikey yikey there are more? ..."9th
"Just swallow it. Just one..."

I finally understand why there are always only 5 pieces of scallops on my plate whenever I order the dish in restaurants. I used to have nasty thoughts when I saw the teeny tiny portion; now I know these are people who know what they are doing. I don't know if it would make any difference if I used Daniel's recipe; maybe yes, maybe no.  I am just certain it will take a while before scallops show up on my dining table.

Everything Loft except
Plenty of Tracey Reese shoes

4 comments:

  1. 12 scallops! Now I know why your grocery bill is so high!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing happened when we were having 大阪燒 in Osaka. There were five of us and we ordered five different flavor of 大阪燒. The fisrt one was really yammy but after that everyone taste the same and we felt like we will never eat that again.
    BTW, I really love your outfit~~~so cute~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. --Yiju
    YES, my money in either in my closet or in my stomach..none in bank:)

    --Adelin
    I know!! I did the same thing with 大阪燒 before but i already forgot it. I think to me there is never "lesson learned" more like "lesson learned for like half a month" then I forget it. hehehe..about outfit...I KNOW!!!ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby, are you a member of this webshop(http://www.revolveclothing.com/Homepage.jsp)? If not, you can join it and share your professions on picking gorgeous outfit for every occasions. You can even make some money from it, if your followers buy things that you recommended. I am not sure about all the details but it is worth a shot.

    Miss you so much and take good care.

    ReplyDelete