Monday, January 31, 2011

Military Chic

Weekend passed by fast. I gotta admit that I made a personal record (am not sure if it's my bf's record though) - we woke up 5 to 5pm on Sat. When I was having my morning oatmeal, it was dark outside.

Today is the third day that I am in my parka.
My dad is a retired general. Having seen him in uniform my whole life, I found it was pretty hard for me to embrace the trend. In the beginning of the season when every fashion editor started to show up with parka, I always imagined myself say "attention" if I were on the spot. However, fashion is such a weird thing. The more I see it, the more I adore it. Eventually I began to think "this dress will go fantastically with the parka...if I ever have one." This is how parka made its way to my closet.

I have been hooked ever since. I have mentioned several times how much I like stripe; parka is the equivalent in the outwear area. I have paired it with the sweat shirt (surely works), floral dress, LBD, tunic & leggings; it works like charm every time. I bet most of you have tried several parka outfits since your dad isn't in military (no complicated feelings then); if you haven't, go get one! No regret, I guarantee.

Ann Taylor cardigan, Theory Tunic
Jcrew belt, Plenty by Tracey Reese boots


 for outdoor: Boden parka (on sale now)

4 comments:

  1. Hehe..thanks little yiju. In the end, I found blackgrey is still the safest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your updates are too fast for me to catch up!!
    I love all your styles!!! I need you to style me baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoohoho...all my friends are very sweet!!

    ReplyDelete