Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cooking cooking cooking

This is a small extension of my involuntary new year resolution. Today is the third day of my saving plan; I am itchy all over. I never smoke but right now I totally understand the feelings of a smoker's being forced to quit. One reason is that I subscribed all sources of fashion newsletters so in the morning they are flooded in my inbox. Season change is such an evil thing; "Orange is the new black?" then I start to ponder how many oranges I have inside my closet...it's a never ending cycle.

Since it will never end, let it be...

I made scallops yesterday. It was so easy and tasty. Rinse the scallops and pat them dry. Put butter into the pan and wait till small bubbles come up. Carefully put the scallops in the pan, each side 1.5 -2 mins until they brown. Season with salt and pepper. When it's done, put in the plate and decorate with lemon zest and chopped parsley. Make sure the scallops are fresh, otherwise it will be a disaster to your kitchen odor. The delicate smell of lemon zest and parsley brings out the taste of scallops...me likie.

Another thing I made was chicken liver pate. Again, an easy dish. Clean the chicken liver and cut off the extras. Saute the liver in pan with the butter, add red wine. Wait till it's done and put the liver aside, use mid flame continuously boil the juices until it becomes thicker and put liver and juice into the blender. Blend well and put in frig for half an hour. There are so many versions of chicken liver pate; most of them need onion, thyme or other ingredients. I have tried some but don't really like them. I personally like this pate which is very silky and rich flavored. Put on bread with capes and parsley. A great appetizer, not to mention it goes well with your favorite red wine.
 

Autumn cashmere, Zara blazer
Anlo jeans, Enzo brogues

2 comments:

  1. scallop and chicken liver? Is it a french restaurant or what! Is orange really the new black?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe...I bought scallops and chicken liver for two recipes coming from a cookbook Janet recommends, French Market but eventually didn't make it because I was too lazy. These two dishes are my table's ususals. very easy to make and look good...

    And yes, orange is huge in the new season. Head to toe orange is totally appropriate...I don't look good in orange though....

    ReplyDelete