Thursday, January 6, 2011

Such a black horse

Some sports miracles happened last night - Russia won over Canada in World Junior Hockey Championship in final! My boyfriend will disagree with me at the choice of word "miracle" because it's "what's supposed to happen" but Canada was really the heat in the tournament.

Semi -Final

Why I said this game was a miracle is a simple fact that till the mid-third period (final period, 10 mins to the end), the score was 0 to 3, Rus vs Can. With all arena full of shouting and screaming patriot Canadians, it just did not seem very optimistic for Russians.

Same thing happened at the previous two games, Russia vs Finland & Russia vs Sweden. During both games, I wanted to cover my eyes because Russian was in such bad situations almost throughout the games until the very last 3 minutes I think the players decided to wake up, fight and win.

I have watched too many hockey games recently that almost made me a half expert; I can easily tell people " each team has 22 players on the bench each game" or "Come on, this is an off side." ...what am I talking about? This is not sports center. I need to go back to girlie topics before I start to chew tabacco.

P.S Just got into an expected discussion about the use of "miracle." The information source indicated the only miracle here was that Russia recovered in the LAST minutes (4 points at 10 mins is a miracle!!) while my assertion of miracle that Russia won over Canada was crap. The source even cited the historic stats; okay, this victory is "what was supposed to happen." Go Mother Russia! 

I am trying on a "reckless dressing" today. Reckless means "don't care about what others think." i.e. wearing hoodie and jeans attending important meetings if you don't work in IT industry or fishnet and skyhigh heels for sports event. I don't have the nerve to do either so I compromise by wearing glittering skirt to work :) Not that inappropriate but enough to make people (boss) raise brows.

Jcrew turtleneck, Gap bling skirt
BR cardigan, Gap ballerinas
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment