Saturday, December 11, 2010

House party? I am all set.

A friendly reminder of a pre-work for attending any house party (most probably you are way smarter or more experienced than me that you already have such knowledge) --politely ask the host if he/she requires guests to remove their shoes in the house.

Several months ago, I went to a house party. I wore 34 inches inseam flare jeans (considering the fact that I am only 5'4"-5'5") with very high heels. When I got to the house, I saw there were a lot of shoes outside of the apartment. Alas!! The whole night I dragged my flares around the house like a mop.

Remember Carrie Bradshaw lost her Manolo Blahnik in a baby shower because she had to leave her shoes outside? If she had asked, maybe she would have worn Converse or Havana slippers.

So, today's house warming party, I was A-OK!

PS. To be honest, I did not ask today's host this question. I just figured out a dress would never go wrong. Moreover, I just had a pedi. Shoes on or off? I am all set!


French Connection dress, Ann Taylor Loft Shoes


  

No comments:

Post a Comment