Monday, December 20, 2010

Two persons, one closet

One married friend shared the insights of marriage. It was so classic that I think I should document it or frame it and put on the wall.

"The advantage of being married is when traveling, you don't have to carry your laptop because he will carry it."

In fact, this statement came after at least 20 disadvantages of being married. Me and another girlfriend, still in hope of happy-ever-after, asked her to think of some advantages. This is the only answer she gave us.

This cannot be true! I am determined to find at least another one. I think I have found it --shopping in your husband side of closet (in my case it's my boyfriend's).

My boyfriend has great taste. For example, he has this amazing DSquared parka, a jacket so warm that I can wear just one tank top and the jacket and walk in -15 degrees. The jacket is so long (he is way taller than me) that if I wear UGG, there are not a lot of legs left in the air - my standard outfit of taking garbage out in winter.

Today I found another good one, a gray wool cardigan that creates a baggie look. Ladies, go look for it! That side of the closet is like a virgin island. Better yet, next time when you shop for your boyfriend or husband, you should definitely take your outfit into consideration!




P.S. Of course I was just joking about the limited advantages of being married. I have so many friends who constantly shower me with their lovely family stories that I will sell them out sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment