Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Effortless chic

I adore the idea of throw-on. High maintenance is never my thing. In summer, I usually wear a simple top pairing a ripped jeans skirt or shorts plus ballerinas or sandals; in winter,I wear merino or cashmere sweater, skinny jeans, huge cashmere wrap and UGG. In the morning, I can get out of my house in 30 minutes but still finish the whole morning routine including double shots.

It is easy as long as you follow an old trick. Build your outfit around one center piece, the piece your mood is in. In my case, it is usually the piece I recently bought (what else?). Like the jacket I am wearing today, it has the faux fur detailing, which makes the jacket look posh and snow appropriate. I keep the rest simple by pairing it with a white long sleeve t-shirt and a grey cargo pants. At first I added a red belt for a pop of color but decided to go without it for a laid-back look.

P.S. one thing worth of mentioned: WE FINALLY GOT OUR SNOW, our first snow! Though bye bye flats, the snow is still welcome.

                                                                                                                                                 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment