Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sister with benefits

This morning when I reached for shoe racks, a shoe box fell and hit my head.
It was a lovely surprise, a pair of Bally boots that I believe it belongs to my sister.

When I was young, she was the trendsetter. She had a closet of clothes that I drooled over. Guess (hey, Guess was hothothot during that time), Esprit, Mango...underneath a pile of clothes, I would find a pair of Chanel ballet flats, a Christian Dior clutch or a Prada backpack. It was when she was 20 and I was 16.

You know how the robbery works. 

I ran to her bedroom the second she closed the bathroom door and quickly browsed the racks. Carefully thinking through all aspects, I took away one piece that she most probably would not wear the next day. After several days, she tried to find that certain piece and couldn't find it; she would  come to question me. NEVER ADMIT ANYTHING was the rule of thumb. "No, I have not visited your closet for a million years." (a weird thing is it seems I have lost this ability of "never admit anything" when I become older; my face always turn to tomato red nowadays when I bluff)

There were times I was unlucky bumping into her on the streets with her clothes on. She would yell at me "You rat, I am telling mom!" I would think "ha, go ahead! Mom was THE ONE who told me I looked good in it."

When I worked as a flight attendant, I started building a wardrobe of European and American brands that she lusted after. Our roles changed. I have to say, I treated her way better than she treated me.

This pair of Bally boots looked like my last triumph; however, last time when I went back to Taiwan, she again had quite many cute clothes. Maybe it's time to wait for her shower time.

Jcrew cardigan, HM sweater dress
Bally boots 



 
***************************************************************************************************
Yesterday I went to a hockey game Czech v.s. US (yep, hockey again! three more to go). It is the junior league world championship so the players are no older than 20. I am naturally toward minority so it is not hard to imagine I booed USA the whole night. Czech eventually won the game in final shoot-out. What can I say? I have a nose for the winner team!

yep, it's neither Czech nor US. I was very biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment