Saturday, December 18, 2010

You are not looking here but...there?

A weird thing happened today - I got two compliments on my shoes...from men.
You might say "Right now men got a lot of exposure to fashion. Don't be narrow minded." Please notice, I don't live in metropolitan area. I live in a mid-sized city in upstate New York where UGG is considered a fashion statement piece. (alert: exaggeration exaggeration!)

The story is as follows.
I was standing somewhere. One man came close by and said "nice shoes" with a pat on my shoulder. Because it was so natural, I almost said "thanks. I got it from Barney's last season" until I realized he was a man, a masculine man! I shook my head and kept walking. After a while, "I like your shoes," a sunshine football-player-kind-of-boy said with a huge smile. This time, I cannot be silent.

"You noticed my shoes?"
"Yea, they are great!"

Since when men started to pay attention to shoes? I thought they only care about lingerie.

Vintage wool jacket, Jcrew Stripe top
Jbrand jeans, Leopoldo Giordano shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment