Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How you doing

I learned one thing after moving to US -- there is only ONE answer for "How are you doing?"

The answer is "I am doing good/well/great/excellent" in an upbeat tone and you have to respond as fast as a reflex.

Once I was really in a blue so I decided to speak out my mind, "actually not so good."
That poor person looked stunned and tried to murmur something but failed.
I must have crossed a cultural line, maybe even a line of human beings interaction rule since, after that, that person always smiles and nods head but avoids asking me how I am doing.

This teaches me a lesson; now I am always answering loudly and clearly "I am doing great. How are you doing?"

*********************************************************************************************

Guess I was just feeling a little bit blue this morning and had to say several "I am doing great."
Why blue? I have passed phase one of welcoming the snow and moved to phase two that I could not wait the snow to end.

Dressing up is one way to get rid of my depression, plus my fake smile.



Elie Tahari jacket, Zara shirt, Ann Taylor Loft cargo
I also wear the secret weapon from Japan, Uniqlo's Heattech innerwear


1 comment: